Key Departmental Objectives
- Work with the Mayor and City Council to develop major goals and objectives to meet the needs of the citizens, businesses, and industries of Lumberton.
- Work with City Staff to improve the delivery of City services in an efficient and effective manner.
- Improve communication and the flow of information to the public on topics of interest including general operation, City budget issues, and capital projects.
- Communicate to employees the City's expectations for standards of service and implement programs that recognize employees who meet or exceed these standards.
- Involve employees in the planning process by encouraging them to submit their comments and ideas on topics of interest that will improve community service.
- Being fiscally responsible by evaluating and monitoring department budgets on a quarterly basis. Work with staff to effectively implement the City's Capital Improvement Plan.
- Work with City Council and Staff to present a realistic and positive image of the City and its programs to the citizens of Lumberton.
- Work in partnership with the County, State, and Federal Governments to develop a strategy that promotes economic development.
- Monitor activities in the North Carolina General Assembly and track legislation that affects local government.
- Contact: To reach the City Manager, please call 910-671-3806. Staff will address your concerns and direct your call accordingly.