· We are accountable to the community for all that we do.
· We believe in providing personalized police service to our citizens to meet unique neighborhood needs.
· We believe that all members of the department should be provided with opportunities to reach personal and professional goals.
· We believe that in all circumstances, we shall treat each other and citizens with respect and dignity.
· We must change to meet the challenges for the present and future.
· As role models for our youth, we must provide innovative education programs for tomorrow’s leaders.
The Lumberton Police Department is looking for officers and civilian employees that:
(1) will be “dedicated” to organizational goals but at the same time are genuinely sensitive to the needs of the Lumberton Community and the department’s employees.
(2) are extremely interested in community based programs.
To Qualify You Must:
· Be of high moral character and personal integrity
· Have earned a high school diploma or G.E.D.
· Be a citizen of the United States
· Be at least 20 years of age
· Have, or be eligible for, a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
· Have successfully completed a Basic Law Enforcement Training Course (BLET) accredited by the N.C. Department of Justice, Criminal Justice Standards Division.
· For further information about the BLET program, contact Robeson Community College, phone (910) 272-3650, or your local community college.
· Possess the following skills: human relations, conceptual and technical.
Pre-Employment Evaluation To
· An extensive personal background investigation
· Interview by a review board and the Chief of Police.
· Satisfactorily complete physical, psychological, and drug screening examinations.
Post-Employment, Officer Agree To
· Accept assignment in any area of criminal investigation, patrol, administration or special operations.
· Establish residence within a 1 (one) hour drive time from the department.
· Work rotating 12 hour shifts (day and night, any day of the week and holidays.)
· Employment under a 12 month probationary status.
Fringe Benefits - The City of Lumberton provides a fully paid medical, dental and vision plan for full-time employees. Coverage for spouses and family members may be purchased. The city also provides membership in the North Carolina Local Government Employee’s Retirement System. The City of Lumberton contributes to a 401K Supplemental Retirement Income Plan for police officers.
Leave - City employees receive 12 paid vacation days, 12 paid sick leave days and 11 paid holidays annually.
Those desiring greater challenges and responsibility will be pleased with the department’s “career ladder” that provides opportunity for career advancement and professional development.
The City of Lumberton whenever possible provides financial assistance to employees seeking their associates and bachelor’s degrees.
The City of Lumberton gives career ladder credit for prior civilian law enforcement experience.